2005-03-11

Life, Death and Eternity

There was a song written once, by a Christian artist named Michael W. Smith, titled My Place in This World. It stated, "I'm looking for a reason, roaming through the night to find my place in this world, my place in this world. Not a lot to lean on, I need Your light to help me find my place in this world, my place in this world." While I appreciate the "sentiment" behind these words, would it not behoove us to look a little deeper than this? The Bible says, in First John 2:16-18, "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever." So, then it seems, rather than trying to find "our place in this world," that perhaps we should be more concerned with our place in eternity.

Life and Death. Facts of our existence here on earth. Are you ready for eternity? I encourage you to read this article originally posted on challies.com. Read the responses as well. I trust it will be edifying for those who will read.

1 Comments:

Blogger BobG said...

Somewhere, quite a few years ago, I read that we should make a list of everything in life that is important to us. Upon completion, go through the list and cross out everything that is not eternal. What you are left with is what you should spend your time working on. It has, for me, been excellent advice and it certainly reduces worry.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home